- Educate Catholics and the general public to understand and respect the dignity of every immigrant as a human being and to recognize the benefits of immigrants and immigration to our nation.
- Educate the undocumented community in ways to safeguard their basic rights and family unity.
- Advocate for Compassionate Comprehensive Immigration Reform (using the principles of the U.S. Catholic bishops) and for the humane treatment of immigrant detainees and deportees.
- Empower immigrants through a foundation of biblical reflection to participate in their own communities through ministries of service, leadership formation, and actions promoting justice, by implementing and coordinating immigrant-to-immigrant ministry (e.g. Pastoral Migratoria) in clusters of immigrant parishes through lay leadership teams.
- Facilitate a dramatic increase in the percentage of immigrants who are now on the path to citizenship and the number who are now naturalized U.S. citizens through our collective efforts with the USCCB and other partners garnering passage of compassionate and just immigration laws.
- Collaborate with network partners, local parishes, and civil, government and other religious groups to foster a culture of compassion and justice in the area of migration.
- Increase in quantity and depth of participation the number of supportive parishes and communities where immigrants are welcomed, their cultural gifts celebrated, where meaningful and mutual relationships are built between immigrants and non-immigrants, and all contribute as full, active, and equal participants in the mission of Jesus Christ as lived within and beyond their respective parish communities.
- Increase to 150 the number of parishes seriously committed to the education and advocacy goals; double the number of parishes where seeds have been planted and the work continues.
- Increase the number of parishes to 100 that are involved in Pastoral Migratoria, deepening their faith and living out the Gospel call of compassion and justice through evangelization and service to their community.